As I explained to you in class today you must now neatly record the important information from Chp. 4, Sec. 1 and 2 into your foldable - vocabulary and Q's/Answers from Sec. 1 and 2. You need to record the vocabulary/definitions for Sec. 1 and 2 on one flap. This is easy because the Sec. 1 and 2 vocabulary are only "subcontinent" and "citadel."
You also need to write the questions and answers for section 1 and 2 on the same square. We didn't talk about this in class, but I decided that it is the best way to get all of the information for Chp. 4. Use the extra space you will have on the vocab flap for section 1 & 2 since you only have to define two words. If you are having a difficult time understanding these instructions know that I am looking for vocab to be defined, Q's and answers to be complete, and for it all to be done neatly.
Last, on the very back you need to draw something that connects to Sec. 1 and
Sec. 2. Use colors if you have colors, and do the best job you can. I know that not all of you feel strongly about art, but know that I am just asking you to try your best.
Chp. 4, Sec. 1 - The Indus River Valley
2. Why is India called a subcontinent?
It is a large landmass that is geographically separated from the rest of the continent of Asia.
3. In what ways did the Indus River help the farmers of its river valley?
By providing silt and water.
4. Why did Indus Valley farmers plant different crops at different times of the year?
Because different crops grew better during different times of the year.
5. Make a generalization about the importance of the Indus River to the people of the Indus River valley.
The river helped people to have surplus harvests and allowed them to specialize and become skilled workers.
Chp. 4, Sec. 2 - Indus Valley Civilization
2. How was the Aryan was of life different from that of the Harappan civilization?The Aryans wer animal herders and had a different language and religion.
3. What was life like in the early Indus Valley cities?
People lived comfortably in cities that were planned with paved streets and sanitation systems. These cities also had apartment buildings, citadels for protection, large grain storehouses, and pool sized baths.
4. How do you think the Harappans were able to make bricks that were exactly the same?
They probably used molds.
5. Make a generalization about the role trade played in the life of the people of the Indus River valley.
Trade made it possible for people to obtain goods they would not have otherwise had access to. It allowed for more specialization and greater wealth.