Universal American School, Middle School
Weekly Assignment Schedule
from October 31, 2010 to November 4, 2010
Holmes Social Studies 6th
• Receive new weekly schedule and turn in last week’s
• Take Chapter 3 Test
*** Turn in all assignments related to Chp. 3 after completing test
- Buy white volleyball with little to no writing on it for Longitude/Latitude, Continents, Bodies of Water project
- Buy or Bring fine tipped Green, Brown, Blue, Black, and Brown markers)
- Bring all of these materials to school by Tuesday!!!
• Create Chapter 4 foldable in class (cut, label, draw) by following instructions
- Buy and bring materials for Longitude/Latitude, Continents, Bodies of Water project by tomorrow
• Longitude/Latitude Project
- No Homework
• Current Event Workshop!!!
• Try to Complete Longitude/Latitude Project in class
- Complete Project at home if you didn’t finish at school
• Current Event Workshop for afternoon sections since it is a half day
- Complete Globe at home and bring to school for grading
The Key to Success and Doing Well on Tests:
1. Come to Class and Participate
2. Spend Time Each Night Going over the homework. This is called studying. You shouldn’t need to spend that much time doing so. The point is to do it and do it consistently.
3. Get Your Parents Involved – Have Them Quiz You.
4. Come to class confident and come prepared to demonstrate that you understand the content on test day.
NOTE TO PARENTS/STUDENTS:
IF AT ANYTIME YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CANNOT GET THE HOMEWORK DONE BECAUSE OF OTHER COURSE RESPONSIBILITIES, PUT THE SOCIAL STUDIES ASSIGNMENTS ON HOLD, AND CONCENTRATE ON WHAT IS MOST IMPORTANT OR TAKE A BREAK. YOU CAN ALWAYS CATCH UP ON WORK ASSIGNED BEFORE THE TWO WEEK STUDY OF THE CHAPTER ENDS, AT WHICH TIME I WILL COLLECT GRADED AS WELL AS LATE WORK. WORK THAT IS TURNED IN ON TIME WILL EARN YOU 100%. LATE WORK WILL EARN YOU A 75%, AND IF YOU DON’T TURN YOUR WORK IN AT ALL YOU WILL RECEIVE A 50%.
SGG-3.2 Use the coordinates of latitude and longitude to locate points on a world map
Chapter 4 Objectives: Using Latitude and Longitude
Section 1 – Geography Skills
1. Define latitude and longitude
2. Apply understanding of latitude and longitude
3. Review understanding of continents and bodies of water
Assessment (Tests/Quizzes) dates can be changed at any point and pop quizzes will be given without notice if necessary The following will be assessed:
1. Map Skills/Geography
2. Concepts from the Graphic Organizers (Class Notes)
3. Concepts from Homework/Independent Practice Activities
5. Power Point Review of Chapter 3
Sunday, October 31 Chapter 3: Test